Saturday, August 06, 2005

Good luck friends

It was another Saturday night at someplace else, I was chilling with a beer and Floyd, suddenly I felt somebody yelled at me "hey buddy ... seems you wanna get pissed off with Floyd" ..., I saw a young lad holding his beer bottle in one hand and a cigarette in another looking at me with a brief smile. "Yeah man, that's the idea ... how about you ? ".. I yelled "same here" .. he replied back.
This is how I met my friend Sumit and then introduced to Shamik and Gilmore( so far I don't know his real name .. this chap is so freak .. he almost changed his name to Gilmore < David Gilmore is the lead guitarist of Floyd >) ). They are all IIT KGP, comp science guy .. passed out between 2002 - 04 , all of them got handsome job but none of them liked it and left their companies. All they said me that they are involved with some research oriented project with IIT KGP.

We used to meet in almost every Saturday at Someplace else and then we used to involve into very serious things ... ( as you guess )beer, rock n roll and pure adda.
Gilmore is hailed our friendship as "halusinative friendship". We had a nice mental setup, every body is freak about rock n roll and all of are crazy about the world of software.
Last Saturday Sumit broke the news( it's good as well as sad ) to me ... they all 3 are going to join MIT, and they will leave next month, it's a kind of dreams comes true situation, I felt so happy but the next moment I felt I will miss them for a long time, that made me lil sad , but all in all MIT keeps me high ... I am really proud of you my friends .. go and make a mark in life. kudos to Sumit, Shamik and Gilmore.

I must mention about one more friend named Cherry, last month she joined us as a trainee, I used eat up her brain a lot .. -:) , but I must admit she is very sharp...
All I knew she was doing some research and study on electronics here, she is not a rock-n-roll freak but loves music and one thing I like about her is she also hates hip-hop( I just can't tolerate this sound, all trash to me ), she is a true Indian ....we used to fight on whether India is better country India than Australia ...... she left few days back to join her college

In summery I am going to loose 4 friends( one already out of the horizon ) .. so it's a tough time ... but anyway .. this is life, people come into your life become friend, spend time with you and then disappear, but thanks to internet .. we will be in touch. Good wishes to all of them...

God kept some good news for me as well, Palash is coming to town to attend Sandeep's( another common pal ) marriage ceremony. Just few months back we had a small gang......... Palash, Sandeep, Amitava, Amit and myself ... we used to paint the city in RED and enjoy to the fullest. Now we are all parted, Palsh is in Hydrabad, Amitava and Amit is in Bangalore.
But god is kind enough to give us one more opportunity to get together again and taste the same fun once more. thank you god, I have no complain whatsoever.







No comments: